Alphabet Photography Challenge from Dane Sanders and Kevin Kubota

A fun photography project is to go out and take photos of the alphabet in architecture. We were challenged for the last two years at Skip's Summer School to try this project. Connie Palen and I started it last year and never finished, so when I was challenged again this year, I said, "I'm going to do it!"

Yesterday, Veronica and I had a fabulous time at lunch with Pam and Heather and afterwards I got my first three letters. Try it yourself and send me your results!


I didn't realize it until I just loaded these images, but the first three letters I got, ISO is a photography term! ISO stands for International Standards Organization and it refers to the industry norm for sensitivity of emulsion based film, with 100 ISO being not so sensitive (and the standard ISO used by most people) to 1600 ISO (the highest on my digital camera is 3200, I don't know how high other cameras go) which is extremely sensitive to light. Not sure, also, if 1600 was the highest in film and how far it will go with digital. Having lunch with another FOTO CHIX member today...I'll ask her!

Comments

  1. Those are good, Vickie. I saw that once idea once in a group of photos. Can't remember where, but it was cool what they came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, some people have actually made really cool designs with names out of the architecture letters. If mine were that cool, I might make you a "Graham" sign.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment