The Paris

Despite it's bad reputation, Roger and I love France. We've visited the south of France twice but still haven't made it to Paris - it's on the Bucket List. We met some wonderful people on our first trip to France and they have turned into life-long friends, two of whom are going to be here this week! We tried to get Veronica to like France as much as we did, but she really wasn't interested until she saw the movie Julie and Julia. She's decided to stay in Las Vegas and study to be a Pastry Chef. She's saving to go to France to study at Le Cordon Bleu for her first semester in 2011. We will see what the year brings.

Well, last night, we decided to go out to dinner after receiving an unexpected check in the mail! Le Village Buffet at the Paris Hotel is our favorite for breakfast/brunch so the three of us headed to the strip.  I will say that we will probably skip this buffet for dinner and only go there for breakfast - much better. However, I wasn't disappointed by my favorite item on the menu, made to order crepes!

I love watching them make them!


Probably a good thing I don't have one of these crepe makers at home.

They have apple and blueberry fillings, but I chose chocolate! A guy saw me ordering this one time and said, "that is a clogged artery waiting to happen!" I said, "yes, and I'm going to add whipped cream!"

Hmmm...the whipped cream was already melting before I got back to my seat.


If you are not into buffets, they have another restaurant in the Paris, Le Creperie, where you can walk up and order savory or sweet creations as simple or elaborate as you would like!


Yes, it's not the real thing, but it will have to do until I can make it to the real Paris!


Veronica, my daughter, my model, who will pose for me over and over. Today marks 11/365 from my Skip's Summer School challenge to take pictures EVERY DAY, read my camera manual EVERY DAY, and post EVERY DAY. Is anyone out there? I hope so, but I am learning EVERY DAY!

and my wonderful husband, Roger, who just wants to help me get better. Looks a little orange, I will have to look at my white balance and ask my Foto Chix friends for help before I take a client here at night.

One of my favorite places when we went to Nice...the marché (market)! Open almost every day! Best Farmer's Market I've ever been to.

Just some of the friends I've gained from meeting Carol (in pink) at her store, Evangeline, in Frederick. She's taken us all to France! There is also, Maryilyn, me, Renee, and Tobi. This picture was taken about 5 years ago when Roger and I went back to Frederick, Maryland.


Comments