Skip's Summer School Challenge

Take pictures EVERY DAY and read your camera manual EVERY DAY! Big challenge, but I've decided to do it. I'm still sick and have been wondering what to take pictures of since I don't feel like leaving the couch, much less the house. Tonight, I asked Roger to play Canasta, our family game. People that know me, know how much we love to play. Roger even threw a great big Canasta Tournament for my 50th birthday. He didn't think anyone would participate but we had tons of takers. Roger's sister and brother-in-law came in first and Veronica and our niece, Alix, came in 2nd! I said, "it's the family game."

We bought several of these Canasta trays at Las Vegas' "Gambler's General Store" but they stopped making them. If anyone could tell me where they sell them, we would buy more. This kind, exactly!
You play with 2 decks. Roger's brother made up rules for 2 players for those times when it's just us, or just Veronica and Roger. I don't like to play 3-handed, it takes too long.

I almost caught up to beat him, but his score is 5685 to my 5375. I'm V1 and Veronica is V2. She usually beats her dad as she did in the first half of this page. But, she doesn't like to lose, either, as you can see by her score when she gave up (top of the page marked quitter by her dad).

Veronica and Alix showing off their 2nd place trophy - five years ago!

Phyllis and Don came in first! On another day, I will post more pictures from my 50th birthday party - five years ago. It was so much fun!


We even had a Canasta Tournament in Hawaii and Gary and Danielle were very happy to be the first recipients of the Gonzales Family Canasta Trophy six years ago! We must do this again, in Hawaii! Right now, some of the family (Roger's sisters, their husbands, and their children) are in Hawaii and we are sad because we are not there. Some day, we will go back!

Comments

  1. I cannot shuffle cards for the life of me! Count yourself lucky if you can shuffle cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to know how to shuffle if you live in Las Vegas :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment