Birthdays!

Tradition! I love the song from Fiddler on the Roof. We have a lot of traditions around our house. One of them is having a family dinner to celebrate birthdays. Sometimes I'm able to talk Roger into taking everyone out to dinner, but since we have such a big family, it doesn't happen too often. Maybe on my birthday. Here are a few pictures from Jeremy's, Jocelynn's, and Veronica's birthdays.

Granddaughter showing us what she's learned in gymnastics!

Jocelynn opening present from Jake, Carmel, and Sona


Sona showing Uncle Jeremy and Chance

Carmel and Jake

Grandpa Roger

Jocelynn loved the pajamas and even wore them to school for pajama day!

Sona and Chance trying to get a closer look at Jeremy's present

They (daughter and dad) each get a "special plate"

Make a wish!

A few weeks later we celebrated Veronica's birthday. It was a busy, busy weekend because I had a booth at our church Fall Festival and Craft Expo; Veronica's boyfriend, Josh, was coming into town; and Veronica and I had signed up to make goodies for two different church events on the same weekend.

My booth at the Fall Festival and Craft Expo - I gave away a free photo session and 11x14 - Congratulations to the winner, Nancy Harris! 
Fortunately, I had a couple of deliveries that had just come in - so I had a few more photos to display, besides the family members!


Tradition! This is one I didn't start, but Veronica did. One year on my birthday, Veronica knocked on my bedroom door after Roger had gone to work and came in with a tray. She had made me breakfast in bed! It consisted of cocoa puffs and chocolate milk (yes, we love chocolate). It was very sweet and I don't remember how old she was. But, ever since, she has wanted breakfast in bed for HER birthday. Josh was visiting on the couch, so we woke him up invited him to join us in giving our 20-year old, breakfast in bed. Hey, it was Sunday, and Sundays are very busy around our household, so she got a bagel and chocolate milk.




Yes, we all just woke up.
Sona and Jake
Josh and Veronica

Chance and Jocelynn
Roger and me

Veronica gets a present from Jake, Carmel, and Sona

Woo hoo! Pajamas with chocolate-covered strawberries!
Carmel, Sona, and Jake



Good birthday!

Comments