The Making of a Christmas Picture

I've only had my photography business for a couple of years, but I've been taking our Christmas picture for about 18 years...wish I would have started sooner! I start thinking about it in January, but usually don't come up with something until the last minute. I knew this year would be tough because last year was the best - our Homeless Alone picture that I still got comments on in April. Well, things have changed a lot since last Christmas. We did sell our house and our renters moved out of our bungalow. Veronica decided she no longer wanted to major in music business but wanted to be a pastry chef. We told her she couldn't go back to Azusa because they have the best schools right here in Las Vegas for the hospitality industry. So here we go...

We finally came across the star in the boxes in the garage!

Took a few to test the lighting and now I love this picture!

The original idea was kind of boring...just get in our Christmas pj's, with a plate of cookies, and have a greeting something like "Waiting for Santa."

Roger loves to travel, Veronica's favorite class is "Intro to Chocolate," and while I love both of those, I love electronics...anything Apple and anything Canon. So this was another idea.



Next idea...dogpile, but remember I'm taking the picture and setting up the timer so we didn't make it fast enough on this first one.

Move the Merry Christmas bag up closer and crop in...better, except Veronica doesn't like the hair in her face. Sorry, Veronica, you didn't tell me soon enough.

I got these funny hats at Wal-mart and they would make a great jib-jab video except they play different Christmas carols. They also light up and dance! Veronica couldn't stop laughing and her hat fell off.


Still wish you could hear the hats! Santa, could you bring me a Flip Video for Christmas?

Wish the older kids were home to be in the picture! Can't imagine how many outtakes we would have with 6 kids and spouses, plus 8 grandchildren! If you are one of the 125 people on my Christmas card list, you will see what we finally ended up with. If you aren't but want to be, send me a message and I'll add you to it! Merry Christmas! Y'all come back now, ya hear?

Comments

  1. I enjoyed this as much as last year. Didn't think you could top it but I believe you have.I laughed all the way through it And of course the Genes go on

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and so cute. Looks like you guys had a blast. Veronica sure does look like you Vickie -- beautiful girl! Merry Merry! I am blessed to have you in my life! Karen E

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see the final product, but I love the one with the atlas, etc. Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great...#2 of V-ron is gorgeous. I like the full one of you guys dogpiling. The one of you holding your favorite things is great, and the ones of V laughing so hard she's bent over. Good job, Vickie. Can't wait to see which one you picked.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment