Mother's Day, Graduation Parade, and Reopening of Las Vegas Restaurants

Another holiday during the pandemic...Mother's Day. I know there are people out there who never got to see anyone. I was very grateful once I started getting to see my son and two of my grandchildren, again. They came over on Wednesday for an early Mother's Day dinner and of course, Roger cooked a fabulous meal.


I never would have thought the restaurants in Las Vegas would stay closed for so long. Fifteen days to slow the spread is what came from the government. It was okay to go to Costco, Walmart, grocery stores, and more, but not indoor dining at restaurants. On the first day of reopening, we invited our friends, Diana and Dan to go to Table 34. If you haven't been, it is fabulous. We've been going there for years. I think all the restaurants were happy to have people come. They certainly always seemed to be happy to see us.


On the actual day of Mother's Day, we went to one of our favorites, Baguette Cafe. David and Olivier now know our faces, even if they don't know our names. 


Graduations weren't allowed during the pandemic (so sorry class of 2020 and maybe 2021) but our youth director organized a graduation parade for our graduates from church. She asked Roger if he would drive one of the graduates in the parade since he had a cool Mustang convertible. 





We continued going to restaurants enjoying the spring weather in Las Vegas and eating outdoors. Another thing that I always wanted more of in this town, except we don't always have the best weather for eating outdoors. I always loved our visits to Europe and wished we had more of outdoor dining in America. Now we do. Below is at Mimi and Coco's at Lake Las Vegas. Gorgeous night.




Comments