JUNE 2020 THE VILLA (Maybe I'll finish 2021 before 2022 arrives!)

In June we finally went to the Villa! This is really where my sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law decided to call home after pooling their resources and moving into the same place. It truly is a beautiful villa in California. We are blessed as they have a guest room reserved for us almost anytime we want. We were all tired of waiting to see people during the pandemic and didn't want to kill anyone, accidentally or on purpose, so we finally went to see them three months into the pandemic. There was a party going on, a baby shower. They waited so long to see if it was okay to have it and the expectant mom had the baby just a few hours after the shower!

From June to October a took a break from Facebook (I couldn't handle the hostility from friends correcting me on what I didn't know about COVID all the way to desert honey). I've gotten over it and realized COVID-19 made us all a little crazy. But it makes it hard to remember what happened when you aren't documenting your life every minute! Here's what I remember.


My talented niece threw the baby shower for her friend who is like a sister. The theme was books and I got to make a caterpillar fruit bar. My sisters-in-law and I have long called this the "Fun Part" of parties. Helping to get ready for the guests. I was happy to help.


Another picture of the appetizers! They are all very creative and Pinterest certainly makes it easier these days.

 


The Don's making a bamboo fence (both sisters married guys named Don and as a matter of fact Roger's late brother also married a woman named Vickie). They let Roger help!



One of our favorite things to do when visiting the villa is eat outdoors under the arbor. The pool below isn't always warm, but the ambience couldn't be more wonderful. I exaggerate, I know, but it is always a perfect place to have dinner (or breakfast and lunch) and enjoy their company.





My brother-in-law makes the best Bloody Mary's and it's also enjoyable eating out on the front patio.



Comments